Monday, May 31, 2010

#14 - Waco 5/31/2010

Our second city on today's Memorial Day outing was Waco. We drove up and down I-35 looking for a Waco sign and could not find one! I carried around a picture of this wall asking people in Waco if they knew where it was so we could take a picture, but nobody seemed to know where it was.


One of the goals for today's trip was to find a city that had something to do. Amanda's first request was a museum, but as we were looking at various cities, Brooke found the Cameron Park Zoo near Waco and Amanda quickly changed her vote. Here are the girls behind a waterfall at the zoo.


Here's my picture of a regal tang...we just called her Dory at the zoo until I had time to look up what kind of fish it was. Captured this one using the macro setting on my camera.


Lion fish...yup, had to look up this one when I got home, too. No, I did not read the sign on the aquarium.


Not sure of the name of this bird or even how to look it up. In my photo album, I just called it "cool bird". If you know the name, feel free to paste it in the comment section.

1 comment:

  1. these are endangerd species please remove them from your care

    ReplyDelete